Safe Water International Ministries
"Sharing Christ’s love through water and His word."
The mission of Safe Water International Ministries (SWIM) is to love human kind by encouraging participation as ambassadors of Jesus Christ, providing for physical needs, focused on safe drinking water and sharing the Living Water of Jesus Christ worldwide.
- 20%of the world lacks access to safe water, that's 1 Billion people!
- 25,000 people die every day from diseases related to water
- At any time, half of the world's hospital beds are occupied by patients suffering from water borne diseases
- Contaminated water accounts for 80% of all diseases and claims the lives of 5 million children a year.
- Contaminated water is responsible for diseases such as cholera, typhoid, malaria, schistosomiasis, hepatitis, diarrhea, and intestinal worms.
- 1.5 Billion people suffer from parasitic worm infections.
- In China, India, and Indonesia twice as many people die from diarrhea than from HIV/AIDS
- One flush on your toilet uses more water than the average person in a developing world uses in a whole day's washing, cooking, and drinking.
Water-borne diseases are preventable!